[TDM]Voll aufs Maul FINAL

The latest an greatest!

Pics first:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gweodc63qyqcf1...143-00.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wg51ec81nshu0y...131-00.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ew0l4cbkmgv1rs...055-00.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5cttbqff9dbwwt...039-00.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2e6ob7rn4dep0j...959-00.jpg

Sometime ago i have been asked to make a 4v4tdm map. Well, here is the result. I have playtested it earlier with some guys, it plays quiet well already.

Here are some receptions:

Debugger: Lächerlich, richtig lächerlicher Name.

Kuniu: No shovels in here, good!

Archer: Voll op de muil.

Draelor: MG close to Megaarmor. Time to Draeroll.

Mossepo: It looks fabulous.

thimo: RL 2 times. Fantastic.

Zeroql: It makes Deep Inside and Dreadful places look weak.

Finko: Time to do the Finkoslap and play 4v4tdm.

Thanks to the guys, who gave me feedback and qbit.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kqx1bitj23j20f...aul_v4.pk3
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Finally, the real release with models!

As I pointed out earlier:
- mapname might be bad/confusing for people who dont know german Tongue
- no mapsource

Other than that, a really nice job. Looks good and plays good Smile

WOW, that looks good. Cortez you have made another masterpiece.

Thank you.

(08-02-2013, 01:41 PM)Debugger Wrote: Finally, the real release with models!

Thats not the release with models.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Absolutely gorgeous, Cortez! Can't wait to play this one! Another masterful job, sir.
Negative, I am a meat popsicle.
Announcer mic check and forum thread.
http://soundcloud.com/voodoo-electron

What I like:
- The general style of the map is very nice and unique.
- Details are also very nicely done and it´s a pleasure to spend time looking at it.

What you can do better:
- The preview image of the map should be 512x512 pixels tall and should not contain any 2D elements (fps, time, hud, etc.).
- Release the map source so others can help you get things fixed / give them the opportunity to post better and more precise feedback.
- Choose another mapname which preferably consists of only one word. Currently you are using a German slang sentence which even may be insulting to some people.
- You included an empty shaderlist file in your package. It´s not necessary nor will it help in its current stage (that it is empty I mean).

Screenshots of things which have to be fixed:

[Image: xonotic20130803142210-00.jpg]
I don´t know what happened here since I do not have any map sources (!) but well... fix it somehow!

[Image: xonotic20130803142412-00.jpg]
Those crates and boxes under each staircase are only playerclipped but should be weaponclipped too.

(08-03-2013, 07:39 AM)Maddin Wrote: - The preview image of the map should be 512x512 pixels tall and should not contain any 2D elements (fps, time, hud, etc.).
now thats really minor stuff. =)

(08-03-2013, 07:39 AM)Maddin Wrote: - Release the map source so others can help you get things fixed / give them the opportunity to post better and more precise feedback.
Wont happen.

(08-03-2013, 07:39 AM)Maddin Wrote: - Choose another mapname which preferably consists of only one word. Currently you are using a German slang sentence which even may be insulting to some people.
Well its something different. Why not breaking with that scheme?

(08-03-2013, 01:33 PM)Cortez666 Wrote: Wont happen.

That's a shame.

Out of curiosity, is there any specific reason for this? I'm not looking to refute your arguments; I respect your decision and I don't see anything wrong with it, only something not as right as it could be.

EDIT: Hm. One could argue that this map violates the GPL though, since it seems that some GPL models are baked into the binary. Unless Morphed specifically licenses their usage to you.
EDIT: And Evil Lair who, I suppose, is the author of el_wlight.

Someone fixing some others' map have had mostly negative effect on many maps honestly.

(08-03-2013, 05:15 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Out of curiosity, is there any specific reason for this?
mainly because its not finished. I try to prevent different fixed versions.

(08-03-2013, 05:15 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: since it seems that some GPL models are baked into the binary.
the locations of the models are placed in the binary. there is no way to avoid that.

Very good map, overall!
These screenshots with short description is my feedback.
[Image: bumpy.jpg] [Image: grate.jpg]
[Image: fan.jpg] [Image: lava_fall.jpg]
[Image: plain.jpg] [Image: trickjumps.jpg]
[Image: straight.jpg] [Image: bumpy2.jpg]
[Image: lava.jpg] [Image: detail.jpg]
[Image: hiding_spot.jpg]
Good job, keep it up. the strongest thing on this map is definitely layout. The problem I have is with two corridors on the bottom leading straight to the lava pool. This isn't the best idea, honestly.

(08-03-2013, 01:33 PM)Cortez666 Wrote:
(08-03-2013, 07:39 AM)Maddin Wrote: - The preview image of the map should be 512x512 pixels tall and should not contain any 2D elements (fps, time, hud, etc.).
now thats really minor stuff. =)
It´s not! If you don´t use images with a size of power of two then the game might not recognize it or can´t import it.

(08-03-2013, 07:39 AM)Maddin Wrote: - Release the map source so others can help you get things fixed / give them the opportunity to post better and more precise feedback.
Wont happen.
Look, I release the map sources every time and never ever did anyone then tried to release a parallel version of it, since it doesn´t really make any sense. The point I´m trying to make is not about releasing the source so others can build their own fancy version out of it. No, it is simply way easier to provide sources so bugs and glitches can be found better. If you don´t have any sources of then you don´t know what has caused some specific bug. People will help you find things then, though not necessarily fix them, you have nothing to fear!

(08-03-2013, 07:39 AM)Maddin Wrote: - Choose another mapname which preferably consists of only one word. Currently you are using a German slang sentence which even may be insulting to some people.
Well its something different. Why not breaking with that scheme?
Well that´s about being professional. It may be funny but to be honest the name sounds childish and moronic. (Not that I want to offend you, I want to help you improve your maps and skills.)

(08-04-2013, 03:45 AM)Cortez666 Wrote:
(08-03-2013, 05:15 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: since it seems that some GPL models are baked into the binary.
the locations of the models are placed in the binary. there is no way to avoid that.

I thought models got compiled into the maps? I guess I was wrong...

(08-04-2013, 07:11 AM)Maddin Wrote: sources every time and never ever did anyone then tried to release a parallel version of it, since it doesn´t really make any sense. The point I´m trying to make is not about releasing the source so others can build their own fancy version out of it. No, it is simply way easier to provide sources so bugs and glitches can be found better. If you don´t have any sources of then you don´t know what has caused some specific bug. People will help you find things then, though not necessarily fix them, you have nothing to fear!

it still wont happen

(08-04-2013, 07:11 AM)Maddin Wrote: Well that´s about being professional. It may be funny but to be honest the name sounds childish and moronic.

being professional? to be honest, its just a hobby for me. i do stuff, because i want to, as long its fun, its cool.

Then ignore my help and follow your path! Good luck! Bye!

Technically you will have to release the sources if you want it to get integrated into Xonotic, as that is part of the GPL license.

Edit: ok has be sort of mentioned. What ever... map looks nice though.

The map models are baked into the BSP as brushes, so your use of them violates their licensing. You are talking about entities like "misc_gamemodel" which you are not using and would arguably be more gpl-compliant.

Also, there is a way to avoid that: don't use GPL content.

(08-04-2013, 09:19 AM)poVoq Wrote: Technically you will have to release the sources if you want it to get integrated into Xonotic, as that is part of the GPL license.

It's more serious than that. The map he released here violates the GPL licensing of components that he used to make the map. It's not about inclusion. Distributing this map is illegal.

EDIT: As for the name, in Cortez' defense, I don't think it breaks any naming conventions. Maddin, would you mind translating? I can't find anything.

(08-04-2013, 11:14 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: It's more serious than that. The map he released here violates the GPL licensing of components that he used to make the map. It's not about inclusion. Distributing this map is illegal.

as its not welcome i deleted the download.

(08-04-2013, 11:14 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: EDIT: As for the name, in Cortez' defense, I don't think it breaks any naming conventions. Maddin, would you mind translating?

There is no real translation to english, but as Archer told an accurate to translation to dutch. Basically its an explanation, for a punch in the face.

"Voll aufs Maul!" describes an act where you punch someone very badly in the face. It´s slang and often used by people who don´t want any good to others or want them to harm.

(08-04-2013, 01:17 PM)Maddin Wrote: "Voll aufs Maul!" describes an act where you punch someone very badly in the face. It´s slang and often used by people who don´t want any good to others or want them to harm.

Oh alright, gotcha. It has a hateful subtext to it.
EDIT: I've had a few people tell me that it isn't as bad as you are implying in general. Perhaps your perception of it is different.

(08-04-2013, 01:14 PM)Cortez666 Wrote: as its not welcome i deleted the download.

I don't understand why you would do that since I'm pretty much the only person objecting to it here, but thank you anyway.

*from screenshots

this looks really nice ...
lots of details ...
i like details ...

out b4 licensing argument resumes

(08-04-2013, 02:52 PM)hutty Wrote: out b4 licensing argument resumes

please read Mrbougos last post.

(08-04-2013, 09:19 AM)poVoq Wrote: Technically you will have to release the sources if you want it to get integrated into Xonotic, as that is part of the GPL license.

the questions is: do i want that map to be included? the answer is defiantly no.

Seems like the version on the server doesnt get played and that there is no interest in it so i wont continue that map.

fucking waste of time. v2 should be last version of it

12 times it have been played so far according to XonStat, which is like 5 less than Grudge which is also relatively new map. So it's not that it ain't popular. Everybody here is whining about licensing, then just include source it's not like it's common for other people to take it and make their own version...

I like the map, descent visual style(awesome details), good and potentially awesome gameplay. Keep it up!

(08-14-2013, 11:18 AM)machine! Wrote: 12 times it have been played so far according to XonStat, which is like 5 less than Grudge which is also relatively new map.
between the release release of this version aka the first public version of that map and the release of the 4v4 version of grudge are 2 days. compare the game on both versions.

(08-14-2013, 11:18 AM)machine! Wrote: Keep it up!
i wont. like said before it was a fucking waste of time. there are some guys which are like ' hey we have a new map, its cool one too, but i only looked at the screenshots and didnt even played it.' Such guys are extremely motivating.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [DUEL, DM, TDM] Canal ballerburg9005 3 604 02-20-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Baker
  [DUEL, TDM] Mid air remix Kotangens 3 1,589 10-09-2022, 03:29 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [CTF,ONS,CTS] Trident_ctf [FINAL] Kotangens 10 5,235 08-29-2022, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Kotangens
  [DM/TDM/CA] Stone Sea _para 1 1,629 03-18-2021, 04:52 AM
Last Post: Winsalot
  [DM/TDM] Spacebash derrant 2 1,744 08-02-2020, 04:44 AM
Last Post: derrant