Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
CTF Mapping Contest (by GlobalGamers)

(04-27-2012, 09:21 AM)Maddin Wrote: Sounds nice but I won´t participate as I already have an important project: the map "warfare", which will be overhauled in every way.

So Good luck and have fun! for every other participant.
Do you mind me asking what changes you are making to Warfare?

He isn't changing the gameplay afaik. Just making it look awesome Smile

(05-09-2012, 12:53 PM)Mepper Wrote: He isn't changing the gameplay afaik. Just making it look awesome Smile

oh ok. His words "overhauled in every way" had me worried Undecided

[offtopic]

@W4RP1G:
I will change some things of the gameplay like item placement and teleporters. But the general layout will be the same.

[/offtopic]

Team Soelen, Heal_, qbit and Cortez are on it.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

I am working on a map too Smile

(05-12-2012, 09:36 AM)Cortez666 Wrote: Team Soelen, Heal_, qbit and Cortez are on it.

OH NOOOO!!!

i mean, it's good, very good.
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

Team Soelen, Heal, qbit and Cortez666

A first preview:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

a team up? ...
this complicated things ...

The 3rd and the 4th ones look very impresive.

(05-22-2012, 12:15 PM)hutty Wrote: a team up? ...

but it also speeds up thing
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

(05-22-2012, 02:15 PM)Cortez666 Wrote:
(05-22-2012, 12:15 PM)hutty Wrote: a team up? ...

but it also speeds up thing

True. Teaming up = real progress! Big Grin

actually it's working pretty good

I'm amazed seeing those creative ideas cortez and heal producing every day with simple brushes and patches,

Unbelieveable what knowledge zorro für arme got about xonotic and its engine, and yet, he never met the main developers, astounding to see what he reached all by himself

Those abilities, all combined with the genius mind of mine

[Image: genius.png]

Nothing can go wrong, right?
[Image: signature.php] [Image: DVlpo.png]

(05-23-2012, 04:33 PM)Soelen Wrote: Nothing can go wrong, right?

if release our map before everyone else, they might get demotivated and the victory is ours.

[Image: bc5xex7zrz6f67opxru_thumb.jpg]

Playtest:
http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php...2#pid41032

My most sincere apologies if this demotivates Cortez and his team.

(05-26-2012, 10:25 AM)nowego4 Wrote: My most sincere apologies if this demotivates Cortez and his team.

Soelen Heal and myself agreed not to worry about competition Smile

a little hint: did you try to play that map with r_showtris 1 ?

Just want to clarify something btw: Teams ARE allowed --- we have no problem with people teaming up -- they just have to figure out how to handle the prize on their own Big Grin The goal of the contest isn't for specific mappers to get prizes anyway, it's for the entire community to get good maps -- if people teaming up means better maps, then sure why not? ^_^

Additionally, there is a possibility that we may be extending the deadline for the contest -- more than a few people have requested this, and it may give us better quality/more finished maps in the long run.

Just a little sneak peak of what I've been working on... It's nothing much as I heard about the contest about a week ago, but I might as well try!

Screenshots:
[Image: 8rvb0f6je1sw28sg67mx_thumb.jpg][Image: 38bya06o9yf2q11ooig0_thumb.jpg]
[Image: 4djzvjb1zd33rmz9y5kl_thumb.jpg][Image: wxepo66dxdw9imdpegsc_thumb.jpg]

I'm trying to keep it down to base Xonotic textures.

Nice height fog effect by the way, Nowego!
Mapper.

Moo, could you please use another image uploader? The links don´t load, they do respond too slow.

I say yes to extending the deadline

Nice map Moo but I see some issues. This map doesn't have its style, Currently it looks like a mix of too different styles, which also can be accepted as a style unless these styles doesn't work well together. Its a bit too ordinary (no offense). I think you should consider how would you like it look like and then change textures and make it in specific way. Current textures look like you put them randomly.
Also in the first screen I 'd rather see a jumppad then steep stairs.
Good luck with your map!

Justin, there's jumppads in the more important rooms (aka flag, mid room)... Right now I'm working with this style as I've carefully picked it (retextured the map atleast 4 times by now, actually)... I'm going to blend the tech in to the old, don't you worry... It's supposed to be that the building was sort of "rebuilt", after being unused and abandoned for a while of years. If you'll notice in the pictures, what I have there is tech on the top and old on the bottom; I'm planning to mesh them together well... We'll see! Anyways, the map has changed a bit since those pictures so your comments don't really apply... XD
Mapper.

some progress on my map:

download:
http://ompldr.org/vZTBnaQ/abyss_a2.pk3

[Image: 9v5xZl.jpg]
[Image: YEc30l.jpg]
[Image: 8ZfOwl.jpg]
[Image: YEFJsl.jpg]
[Image: EpVLQl.jpg]
[Image: yn8Lvl.jpg]
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

Oh my, so beautiful. I am really looking forward to the maps created for this contest!

P.S. remember to place ramps all over the place Big Grin
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Kuniu! This map is overwhelming! The only thing I would change is to diversify a floor and add a handfull of awesome details. And also add trims. And mabye sth on the ceiling. And a bit more shards.

Once again: Cool map.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FREE Invasion mapping contest Kotangens 2 5,529 12-27-2021, 01:25 PM
Last Post: end user
Lightbulb [Easy Community Contest]- Rank Yourself Ridgebeam 18 9,382 07-25-2021, 11:24 AM
Last Post: Ridgebeam
  Mapping contest for duel maps (idea) RazorDodger 10 4,097 05-30-2021, 10:10 AM
Last Post: SPLAT
  Xonotie Mapping Contest 2021 (winner: SirRanjid - vmmm) Antares* 28 13,588 03-04-2021, 03:10 PM
Last Post: _para
  Mapping contests participation Justin 17 20,810 12-08-2015, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  Duel Mapping Contest 2015 Mirio 81 75,167 08-28-2015, 12:15 PM
Last Post: shogun_assassin
  Duel Mapping Contest 2015 - Brainstorming SPLAT 15 16,431 06-09-2015, 03:26 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  Duel Mapping Contest (sponsored by Sapphire) asyyy 57 80,640 12-26-2012, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Justin
  GlobalGamers CTF Mapping Contest Voting Samual 58 66,368 12-15-2012, 04:18 PM
Last Post: Mario
  Speedmapping Contest Cortez666 12 14,932 04-03-2012, 03:28 AM
Last Post: PinkRobot